What to consider when paying for therapy services....
Therapy services are an investment into your overall health and well being. There are some very important things to consider regarding payment for your services and whether it is in your best interest to be a self pay client or to use your insurance benefits. Ask us more about these important considerations:
-Insurance companies REQUIRE a diagnosis to be provided when services are billed. That diagnosis will then become part of your medical record and therefore you loose some of the privacy and confidentiality that a self pay client will not . The diagnosis can also be considered a pre-existing condition and is part of your medical record.
-Insurance companies require your work in therapy to be deemed medically necessary and can at anytime stop paying for services not deemed as such. If additionally information is required by the insurance company to deem the service medically necessary we would need to release more confidential information to them in order to get your services covered, and they can still deny payment.
-Insurance can limit the number of sessions you are allowed to have with your therapist and require paperwork to be completed for authorizations. Some insurance policies allow for 6-12 sessions, which may not too limited to obtain the care you desire.
- A quote of benefits is provided by insurance companies however it is not a guarantee of payment for services, so you may accrue unexpected costs once the claim is processed.
- Companies and businesses change the insurance carriers utilzed and this might result in your provider no longer being in-network. This too means you accrue unexpected costs to maintain the relationship with your therapist who is now out of network or you have to begin the therapy process with a new provider creating a disruption of continuous care.
We cannot advise you as to what decision is best for you. We provide this information simply as a way for you to be informed of what might be involved in that decision. If you chose to use your insurance benefits, we will provide only what is required by an insurance company to meet the terms of your policy and plan. Unfortunately, we can make no assurances regarding what happens to that information once it leaves our office. If so have additional questions regarding the use of insurance please let us know.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
We are an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield.
All other insurance plans will be out of network.
Please ask about our package discounts for self pay clients!
Cash, check, Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Our out of pocket rate will vary based on your insurance policy. Please contact us for specific rate information. Please ask about out package rates.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session .